Gold Coast is Australia’s sixth largest city with almost 700,000 people and continues to grow attracting families, workers, students and tourists from across Australia and around the world each year. the Gold Coast is the fastest growing regional city in Australia. The Gold Coast’s northern suburbs of Pimpama, Coomera and Ormeau are the nation’s fastest growing regional suburbs.
Southeast Queensland is in the middle of an infrastructure revolution with more than AUD$ 15 billion committed thus far on underground tunnel networks, upgrades to motorways, a second Gateway Bridge, upgraded and extended rail links, utilities, public hospitals, universities, business and commercial parks, international sporting facilities and long term tourism infrastructure projects.
This infrastructure revolution provides a vast and diversified employment base which is driving families to the region. this population growth rate, couples with limited supply, low interest rates and relative affordability when compared to other capital cities has experts predicting land prices are set to skyrocket across the region.
- The total development infrastructure either planned or underway across all sectors for the north of the Gold Coast is approximately $5.25 billion
- More than 10,000 people each year are relocating to the Gold Coast
- The Gold Coast created 15,000 new jobs over the last 12 months (up 9 percent)
- More than 305,000 people are now employed on the Gold Coast
- The Gold Coast has just completed the new $1.8 billion gold Coast University Hospital and the 41.6 billion stage one of the G:Link light rail network.
- The Gold Coast boasts some of the most highly recognised schools and universities in Australia including Somerset College, The Southport School, Bond University and Griffith University.
- The $2 billion 2018 Commonwealth Games is putting more than $1,58 billion in new and upgraded infrastructure into the community alongside driving employment for most projects.
- More than $5 billion in proposed development is in the pipeline to assist in accomodating more than 12 million visitors to the Gold Coast each year.
- Gold Coast residents enjoy the diversification and lifestyle of a modern coastal city with strong employment, premium education facilities, world class healthcare services, glorious beaches, wonderful hinterlands and relative affordability
- The Coomera Town Mega Centre is a plus $1 billion project and will include a major Westfield shopping centre, department stores, specialty shopping, entertainment and dining, two sporting venues for the 2018 Commonwealth Games, conference centres, schools and community centres.